Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Introducing the Weekday Whatsit!

Ladies and gentlemen, I now introduce to my blog, the Weekday Whatsit!

What's a Whatsit, you ask? Look at the photo to the left. That's a Whatsit. The picture is of an everyday object, taken very close up. Your goal is to guess what the object is.


You may be thinking "But the photo is out of focus! I can't guess what I can't see!" Not all of the photo is out of focus - just the edges. I use a special camera lens called a Lensbaby which causes the edges of the photo to be artistically blurred, but to have one spot in focus. This increases the challenge - in addition to the fact that the photo was originally in color, but is now black and white.

I started posting my Weekday Whatsits on Facebook for my friends last July, and stopped only a few weeks ago to start this blog. I'm fond of the Whatsits, and don't want them to go away, so I've decided to make them an occasional feature here on the blog.

So have you shuffled through your memory and discovered what the deal is with this picture? Leave a comment and let me know! I'll update this post with the answer in around a week, so get your guesses in soon!

UPDATE: This Whatsit is, in fact, the box of a deck of playing cards. I love seeing the fraying fibers on the corner of the box. Thanks to my commenters for stepping out and taking a guess! Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Yay! The Whatsits are back!

    And my guess is a box of playing cards. Ones that have been to several scout camps and seen a couple rounds of Hold'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct! I cannot confirm or deny that the cards have seend any hold'em, though... ;-)

      Delete
  2. don't honestly know. looks lie a cross between a busted shipping box and a broken PC tower :). how'd i do? nowhere near correct, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great guesses! Your shipping box idea is very close - the real thing is just a little smaller in scale. Thanks for guessing!

      Delete